The African Parrots have a champion in Jean Pattison. Jean has been breeding these birds since 1984 and now keeps over 100 pairs, including an impressive collection of "Un-Cape" Parrots. She also assists field researchers and conservation groups with her knowledge of the habits and husbandry of these birds and co-authored the book "African Parrots" with Rick Jordan. Jean's authority and extensive work with African Greys, Poichephalus, Capes and "Un-Capes" has earned her the title "The African Queen."
Articles in this section:
- The Molt in African Parrots
- Drooling Cape Parrots
- Basics for Taking Home a Young African Grey Parrot
- So you wanna know about Cape Parrots?
- African Greys
- African Greys — Congo or Timneh
- Breeding Observations of the Fascinating African Parrots
- Poicephalus Size and Color
- Breeding Tips and Tidbits
- 12 Reasons Poicephalus Make Great Pets
- Poicephalus Parrots
- Deafness and Blindness in African Greys
- Nest or Nursery?
- Senegal Parrots